Are you frustrated that your relationship doesn’t have the magic and romance that it once had? Scared this may affect or eventually end your relationship?
You’re not alone. Living with the same partner for a long time can become stable and comfortable, and, as a result, can also cause the loss of the spark that made your relationship so special in the first place. Here are some simple, fun and creative ideas to reignite that magic:
1. Send them a unique gift at work. Get a piece of paper and some crayons. Draw a bright childlike picture with a smiley sun and two stick figures holding hands.
Add labels with your two names pointing to the stick figures. Write ‘I Love You’ inside a heart. Next get a large formal envelope. Place your drawing inside and type up a formal address label of your partner's workplace, such as: “For the immediate and urgent attention of: Rebecca Jones, Level 20, Collins & Smith Solicitors, New York.” Mail it to your partner so they receive it in the middle of a busy day.
2. Become kids again. If you are walking by a park, visit the swings and give your partner a ride. This will often bring back happy memories from their childhood.
3. Fun with water. On a hot summer’s day, buy two large water pistols and take them to the beach with you. Pull them out and throw one to your partner and then have a huge water fight.
4. Bring back childhood memories. Contact your partner's family and ask if there was anything she always wanted when she was a little girl. For example, if she always wanted a porcelain doll, buy one for her birthday. She will not only appreciate the gift, but also the fact that you were thoughtful enough to find out what she always wanted. You can do this for your man too.
5. Organize a backyard picnic on a warm summer’s night. Spread a picnic blanket on the ground and get together some snacks, chocolates and champagne. Lie down on the blanket with your partner and gaze up at the stars together.
6. Show you’re grateful for your partner. Leave a long-stem rose where your partner will find it, with a note on it saying: "Thank you for coming into my life."
7. Spice up your lovemaking. Surprise your partner with a little gift after you make love, try a new position, learn to give your partner a sensual massage before or after, or just spend some time staring into each other’s eyes and caressing their bare skin before making love.
So there you have it 7 ways to add more passion and excitement to your relationship starting right away.
About the Author:
Michael Webb's latest book, "Getting Him Back" provides you with a step-by-step plan to get your ex-husband back, help heal your marriage and even prevent a divorce. For all the details, visit the how to win him back website.